Item Number: 1884.110.15 from the
Pitt Rivers Museum
Notes Recorded During Mapping
item is from the Augustus Henry Lane Fox Pitt Rivers founding collection
- Identification Number
- Type of Item
- maple wood plant, ivory, tooth, animal hide skin, stone, pigment, iron metal, shell ? and cockle
- Manufacturing Technique
- carved, hollowed, bound, nailed, painted and glued ?
- “NW Coast Haida” ?
- “Unknown” ?
- Field Collector
- Frederick Dally
- Previous Owner
- “Frederick Dally. This object was listed in the Delivery Catalogue as having been transferred from South Kensington Museum in 1884. It was delivered to South Kensington Museum in March 1881. It was probably displayed at South Kensington Museum between 1881 - 1884.” ?
- Received from
- Augustus Henry Lane Fox Pitt Rivers
- Acquisition Date
- during 1884
- Rattle; Medical Accessory; Dance Accessory; Bird Figure; Musical Instrument
- Medicine; Figure; Ceremonial; Dance