Shown below are items associated with Sisters of Saint Ann Museum available without first logging in.
This person appears in records from MOA.
Knowledge shared by institutions
The St. Ann's Academy Museum was established by Sister Mary Theodore in 1910. The Museum (in Victoria) was closed in 1974. The Sisters of St. Ann is a Catholic religious order founded in Quebec by Mother Marie Anne Blondin in 1850. The first Sisters arrived in Victoria in 1858 and began their work by establishing a school. The school eventually became St. Ann's Academy which served as a school for girls, headquarters for St. Joseph's Provincce, and a place for the preparation of women wishing to become nuns. The Sisters of St. Ann also built and ran hospitals in a number of communities, including St. Mary's Hospital in Dawson City, Yukon.